Thursday 22 July 2010

Tasks.

Tasks:

My task for this project is to create an animated animal type character with and animation. the purpose is to create something more organic with a feeling of life. I first went about trying to think of how I would produce the character I.E. style, time frame, personality and so on let alone what animal I could create. The Initial idea was to create a weasel character but I may change that because the designs i have keep reminding me of Daxtor from the 'Jack and Daxtor series


there are a few other weasel that I can think of the weasels from 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' and the 'I Am Weasel' cartoon so it might be a good idea to create my character in between these styles. combining animals is also a good idea more that I think about it Daxter there is composed of half otter and half weasel so maybe I still could do a weasel shaped character with any other body parts I like.. maybe combined with fox ears and lion tail or something would be interesting.. more development my be done =P.



The Book

The Book 'Creating Characters with Personality' really helped in the development of my base designs, I wasn't looking for anything amazing to draw straight away I just wanted to create some nice looking animal morph characters. It really did help, taking you from a realistic drawing and simplifying it into a friendly cartoon while provide a load of tips and tricks to make it easier to produce and professional looking character ready for cartoons.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Darren,

    Glad to see you are working. However, you need to come in for a tutorial on Tuesday (10am until 11.45am). You missed your briefing and things have changed a little since last year.

    ReplyDelete