Saturday 24 July 2010

Creating Characters with personality

My Characters

Right well below are a few weasel characters and development bits I've been working on, some mainly just to get some practice with the body of the character, its one of my weak points. ranging from different styles and clothing I tried to create some nice looking character with a good level of finish.




as you can see from these first 5 drawings I've tried to put the characters in different positions, again this is really just practice. some of the styles stay the same but I have done a few more in different proportions and with different gear as shown below.




This one below witht the hat and monocule is a simplified version of one on the internet, I wanted to try and round it off making it more of a cartoon rather than a realistic looking weasel well apart from the cloths that is.



Next Task
my next task is to continue to produce characters, I'll make some other animal characters other than the weasel and see how they work out.

Rocket Weasel, random weasel game

http://www.freegames14.com/Rocket-Weasel.game1461.html

2 comments:

  1. Hey Darren :-) I know it sounds obvious, but how much looking at actual footage of weasels have you done? I strongly suggest you get to know their anatomy and their mannerisms - and when you're confident, move on to stylisation. Show me that you understand weasels from the skeleton out...

    Great to see you posting work, though - more please! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to this animal place awhile back, can't remember what it was called it wasn't a zoo but it had different animals. right at the entrance was a large wooden enclosure where they kept weasels, it was a nice setup because you could see inside into where their bedding was, luckily when I was there they were feeding them chicks so it was fun watching them run around stuffing them into their tunnels.

    other than that I've been looking at photos, but I will study some footage and see if I can pick up anything interesting. they are right little characters though, their strength and playfulness is what wanted me to attempt to create a character of them.

    ReplyDelete