Tuesday 27 July 2010

Drawing Weasels


the character above was drawn really without the guidelines just wanted to do a quick draw of a weasel with the splinter cell night vision goggles on.

I've gone through that character book to pick up as many tips as I can at creating a character from simple shapes, I did however know the basics but there were a few tips that really did help. I've ordered an animal anatomy book to aid me in creating decent proportions so I should be well away creating more when that arrives, at the moment I've had to rely on that character book so here's a few I've done today.

Making Shapes
this one below is a breakdown of a photo just to get the basic shapes out of it so that I could reproduce the same drawing from any angle I think it turned out well the first was drawn with this method and went well and then the guide lines next to it is like an x-ray of how it was constructed.






Practice Poses
below here are just two weird poses I drew just to see if the guidelines work, they seem to work out OK but they still need more work done just to get the shapes just right at all angles.When that book I've ordered arrives I'm going to refine these shapes so that they work perfectly.



Next Task
my next task is to refine the shapes and draw some more dynamic poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment