Wednesday 21 July 2010

Skeleton Images

The Hunt
After much searching through weasel and stoat skeletons I've found a few skeleton images, my book has also arrived and I now see how important a skeletal frame is to creating a accurate looking animal and character.

Skull
The Weasels skull is slightly different to what i expected it to look like the strange ridged appearance of the mussel is nothing like i thought it would be seeing though with muscle and skin its more rounded.


Full Body
A few full body images.. I wish I could of found more but it was hard enough finding these I hope to get a hold of some decent images when my girlfriend Vicki comes back from holiday, (shes a Vet). the structure of the weasel is so fragile it almost seems like you could break one of their ribs just by picking one up. and their spine is very thin to what I expected also the rear legs don't bow the way the full weasel portrays it, another interesting thing I've noticed is the hips don't quite curve in the way other skeletons do, they have more of a broad plate.




Pieces
I wanted to add this because it could come in handy if there is a particular bone I can't quite see and this image gives a good all round look at individual parts, especially the top down view of the skull and side view of a piece of tail bone.




Had to add this one.. Pacman's skeleton =D

3 comments:

  1. excellent detective work, Darren :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw this - thought of you

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vORsKyopHyM&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  3. That short film is brilliant, the narrative, all the moving cogs and pipes the way the silhouettes fitted so well with the overall theme everything was just amazing. the story line was excellent they way Jasper had to sustatin the beast, sacrificing him self for a woman he didn't even know was still alive, I couldn't look away there was never a dull moment. I would of loved to seen more of that, like if they made a series.

    I'll be back to work tomorrow, been busy looking for work, I'm really strapped for cash at the moment and Its not doing me so well =P

    ReplyDelete